Sunday, March 26, 2017

New Work

As of right now, the look of my blogsite has changed. With that, I also wanted to post a recent piece from my Sketchbook 2017 which will soon be available on deviant art.

Click to enlarge
(works with each photo in this blog)
This is just one of the recent pieces I did in my sketchbook, which includes the female figure and a few sketches of hair. (Description included in the drawing).

I was inspired to do this when I saw Mary Doodles latest video from her "How to Art" series called "How to Draw Hair". I watched the video because I really need practice on the art of drawing human hair. As you can very well see in this photo I have taken of my sketchbook.

Aside from my recent artwork, I would also like to talk about my recent photos. I haven't really updated my photography section of this blogsite in quite some time. So in this post I will share a few photos that I have taken recently and then I will put the rest in the updated section of photos I have taken. You will still be able to see the previous photos on my Deviant Art.

I would also like to say that I like to take photos of things with a lot of light. Because I feel like light makes things look more interesting. (Example would be the sample photo I posted entitled Recent Photos).

So without further ado, here are the recent photos that I have taken over the past few months. (with descriptions)

RIGHT: This is a photo of a rose that I took with my phone (iPhone 6s) and it was a pink rose that I gave my mother on Valentines Day when she was visiting me here in Milledgeville, GA. It almost reminds me of Beauty and The Beast. Except in that movie the rose was red instead of pink.

But still, it's a very pretty picture and I was inspired to take it when I had to sit the rose in an area filled with light. (to keep it alive till I saw her). The dust particles also added a magical touch to the photo as well.
 LEFT: The photo to the left is a picture of these origami swans made of textured paper with coffee beans on them, along with some string lights (or Christmas lights). I took this photo using the selfie end on my phone.

This was taken at a café here in town called Blackbirds.

Also due to the black ceiling I was able to get a rather interesting shot and I feel that the reflection in the window added an interesting feel to the photo.
RIGHT: Again with the cell phone, I took this picture of a church that is nearby. I never see anyone go in it, so I'm not sure if abandoned or what.

Due to a night class, I was passing by and felt the need to take a photo of this glorious semi gothic church. It looks like it belongs in England or something instead of a small southern town.

LEFT: This was one of those moments were it was a bit late at night and I happen to see a lady bug on my lamp. (which has beads that hang from it).

With that in mind, I zoomed in using my phone's camera and snapped a few shots of this little creature as it began to crawl along the beads. I think it looks rather elegant and lovely.

Also the filter I used for this is called Transfer. Also used another on Instagram but hardly added called Clarendon.

Eventually added the three shots to an app called Mixgram.

No comments:

Post a Comment