Friday, October 2, 2015

The Girl Who Loves Horror & Horrible Reviews

Since it is the month of October, and it's getting around that time when all Halloween fans (myself included) look for a decent scary movie to watch or a nice horror/thriller book to read. Well, on one of my days at school while waiting for the teacher to enter the room, I discovered a blog site called "The Girl Who Loves Horror". Of course, most of it isn't just Horror movies but also books as well. Which I find to be very interesting, given that I enjoy looking at both. Anyway, this blogger reviews horror movies and books and gives a basic summery (similar to Fangoria Magazine) about random picks from different times. Currently, she has a post for a review on the movie "Creepy Crawlies" made in the year 2000.  A movie about a man who goes on a vacation due to his alcoholism caused by a recent divorce that caused him to have problems at work. Soon his vacation turns into a nightmare when he finds out that the island is infested with a rare cockroach that kills people. It's kind of funny, since if anyone is like myself, I can't stand cockroaches, despite the fact they really don't do anything to you, except look gross.

Click here to view the movie review.


Horrible Reviews
This was something that I have always known about for at least a year, and will say that it is a good page to look at if you are going to watch any interesting horror movie on Halloween and you want something that is going to be good.

Despite it's name, Horrible Reviews is a YouTube channel created by a guy from the Netherlands who is pretty awesome. He gives reviews on Horror movies that are everything from mild to I-wish-I-didn't-just-watch-that-clip-because-I-will-never-be-able-to-sleep-or-eat-again kind of movies. He also gives a list of his personal favorites which includes the funny movie Napoleon Dynamite and a few westerns with Clint Eastwood in it.

I'm still not quite sure why it's called "Horrible" Reviews, since they are very good, granted some of the films shown are horrible and just, shocking really, but it is a good place to find a good horror movie to watch on Halloween when trick-or-treaters are not at your door.

Click here to view the YouTube Channel




No comments:

Post a Comment